Friday 27 June 2014

coffee break

Things have been quite busy in my neck of the woods, so I thought it might be time for a coffee break.


via 

I am pretty flexible about a lot of things - but a non-negotiable in my morning schedule (well, schedule may be a bit ambitious for my day) is coffee!
I am not naturally a morning person, but the promising aroma emanating from the moka pot on the stove will get me up - that quiet time in the morning with our coffee . . .


via

Yes - I have been known to pack my very own moka pot when  moving into uncharted coffee territory.   and no - instant coffee is not really coffee! 


via

As much as I love coffee, I don't really do breakfast,
so a biscotti to nibble on with my coffee is perfection
(I never dip!)


via

This recipe is via Urvashi at The Botanical Baker - click HERE for details


I love this Moka print by Luzelle of Mengsel



She prints it on cotton dish cloth as well- I think I might treat my kitchen!



I've recently stumbled across some lovely vintage images here on pinterest - more moka love.



I prefer to drink my coffee out of a teacup kind of size - never a mug! These ones from the online site Superbalist are rather nice don't you think?



And finally - while you are enjoying your coffee you might want to listen to some Coffee Pot Blues by Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three 



I hope you have a lovely weekend & are able to take time to smell the coffee!
x




No comments:

Post a Comment