Thursday 24 October 2013

now this is what I call packaging . . .

Morocco, like many countries on this fair continent, has its fair share of excess plastics and packaging, but it also has a wonderful tradition of the homemade and the handmade.
 When I was in Assilah during Ramadan, every evening the streets would come alive with fresh produce and street food vendors as households prepared for the evening meal - and being a sucker for good packaging, I fell in love with these cheeses sold in their individual baskets.
 All the overused and abused labels that we fashionably follow - artisan, organic, handmade etc . . . are right here and in {for me} a far less pretentious form.







or, if wicker isn't your thing, a handwoven perfectly plaited palm frond should do the trick!








and not a laughing cow in sight . . .


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11139769/?claim=bc643zxdh3q">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment